If you’re interested in working with spatial audio, this could be the session for you. panLab Console is a revolutionary new category of spatial processor, just launched at PLASA 2023. Using panLab Console you can render 3D spatial audio environments directly on the mixing console, without requiring additional hardware processors. Complex spatial environments can be configured in under 5 minutes, making spatial audio accessible to a broad scope of projects.
This is a practical session, guiding you through the software with real world examples. At the end of the session you should have a good understanding of the software and be able to specify and deploy it on a project. The session will last around one hour, including a Q&A with the developers.
We will cover:
- Key concepts and terminology.
- Basic setup. Connecting to a console and mapping input and output channels to objects on the panner.
- Sound system design with panLab Console. Optimal workflow when commissioning a sound system.
- Automating objects on the panner using Snapshots and Sequences.
- External integration with OSC, MIDI and Timecode recall.
- Q&A session.