Resources if you are being Harassed
If you or someone you know has experienced inappropriate behavior – please consider the following:
- The Actors Fund makes free counseling available to everyone in our industry. Not just actors. One-on-one counseling, referrals to helpful resources, and support for issues around sexual harassment.
- New York City
212.221.7300, ext. 119
323.933.9244, ext. 455
- If you call after office hours, the recorded message includes an after-hours emergency number.
- Actor’s Fund has “Options Counseling”. Their practitioners are trained in federal, state, and local laws. If you feel you have nowhere to turn, they can help you understand what is possible.
- If the event was on a job site, please consider contacting the Employer or their Human Resources Department.
- If the event involved a Union USA 829 member, contact USA 829 at 212-581-0300, National Business Agent Cecilia Friederichs at CeciliaF@usa829.org.
- If the event involved an IATSE member:
- call the IATSE Safety Hotline (Toll free: 844-IA AWARE, 844-422-9273). http://www.iatse.net/news/iatse-launches-safety-hotline-program The caller can either leave a message for or talk to a safety representative who will begin handling the issue. Depending on the circumstances, the safety representative will contact the Local’s representative and assist them with the issue, or call the employer directly. NOTE: They serve all departments – Broadway, commercials. We confirmed with them that they take complaints from Union and Non-Union folks.
- If you are in danger, please call the police at 911.