If you or someone you know has experienced inappropriate behavior – please consider the following:
- If you are in danger, please call the police at 911.
- If the event was on a job site, please consider contacting the Employer or their Human Resources Department.
- If the event involved a Union USA 829 member, contact USA 829 at 212-581-0300, National Business Agent Carl Mulert <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- If the event involved an IATSE member:
- call the IATSE Safety Hotline (Toll-free: 844-IA AWARE, 844-422-9273). http://www.iatse.net/news/iatse-launches-safety-hotline-program The caller can either leave a message or talk to a safety representative who will begin handling the issue. Depending on the circumstances, the safety representative will contact the Local’s representative and assist them with the issue, or call the employer directly. NOTE: They serve all departments – Broadway, commercials. We confirmed with them that they take complaints from Union and Non-Union folks.
We believe in mediation. If you are a TSDCA member or need mediation with a TSDCA member, we can offer access to mediation through the Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts. If interested, please contact us here.
- The Actors Fund makes free counseling available to everyone in our industry. Not just actors. One-on-one counseling, referrals to helpful resources, and support for issues around sexual harassment.
- New York City
212.221.7300, ext. 119
323.933.9244, ext. 455
- If you call after office hours, the recorded message includes an after-hours emergency number.
- Actor’s Fund has “Options Counseling”. Their practitioners are trained in federal, state, and local laws. If you feel you have nowhere to turn, they can help you understand what is possible.