TSDCA 2018 Annual Meeting – Day 2
June 4, 2018 11am
Baryshnikov Arts Center
Session #4 – Sound Supervisor Panel with Paul Peterson from The Old Globe
This panel aims to shed light on the daily life of the sound supervisor and how that interacts with visiting designers.
- discussion of their workload
- preference in paperwork
- implementation of system design at the regional level
Ben Emerson, Sound Supervisor, Huntington Theatre
Erin Paige, Sound Director, Milwaukee Repertory Theater
Corrine Livingston, Audio Supervisor, The Public
Tim Thompson, Sound Director, Arena Stage
Amy Wedel, Audio Supervisor, Baltimore Center Stage
12:30 – 1pm
Coffee & Snack Break
Session #5 – Women+ in Theatre Sound
With Porsche McGovern, Martha Wade Steketee, and Corrine Livingston.
Moderated by: Victoria Deiorio
We will look at the facts regarding the women in our field, outreach and retention of women in sound, and explore how to address harassment.
Our goal is to create a gathering to explore the following questions:
- How do we support the women of TSDCA?
- What type of support is needed?
- How do we organize and connect without alienating men?
- How do we create a safe space among ourselves when confidentiality is needed?
- How do we ensure that our male members are advocates for us in the field?
This panel is open to all members, and all genders are invited to participate in the conversation.
2:30pm – 3:30pm
Lunch (theater closed; lobby available)
Session #6 – Musical Theatre Panel with Mel Marvin, Julia Meinwald, & Dan Moses Schreier
Moderated by: Dr. Matthew Suttor
This is a session that will focus on the composer’s role and the historical changes that have occurred when writing a musical. A multi-generational look at the business of composing for musicals, the expectation of composition, arranging for musician, and interfacing with the music direction.
- What are the shifts that have happened as to scale, size, orchestra, and technology?
- What’s the future – more automation, less musicians?
- How does composing for musicals differ or agree with composing for plays?
- What are the trends regarding orchestra and performance?
Coffee & Snack Break
Session #7 – TSDCA Open Conversation
Dinner Break – (theater closed; lobby available)
Annual Meeting – members only
Co-Chairs Victoria Deiorio & Lindsay Jones
Members not present can join via GoToMeeting
– How to use our Website: KnowledgeBase, Slack
– Committee Updates
– Vote to include Equity Diversity and Inclusion Initiative language
End of day