Copyright Basics with Copyright Alliance
WALA COPYRIGHT BASICS WITH THE COPYRIGHT ALLIANCE
February 15, 2022
11:00 AM EST // 8:00 AM PST
Akshay Nelakurti, Legal Fellow, Copyright Alliance
This session is presented in partnership with DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities “Business of the Arts” Series and Copyright Alliance.
Interested in learning about copyrights?
Do you have a creative work that you want to copyright?
Come learn about the basics of copyright at this presentation and Q & A session:
- U.S. Copyright Basics
- What is a copyright?
- Who owns a copyright?
- When does a copyright exist?
- What is the effect of registration?
- What is the effect of a copyright notice?
- What is a release?
- What is a license?
- Copyrighted works involving people or third party works
- Basics of Fair Use
- Remedies in the United States