- Suicide Prevention Lifeline 24/7: 1-800-854-7771 Free and confidential.
- The Disaster Distress Helpline, 1-800-985-5990, provides immediate crisis counseling to people affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Free, multilingual, anonymous. Text TalkWithUs to 66746
- Crisis Text Line 24/7: 741741
NOTE: There is risk that hotlines call 911 to attend to someone who is suicidal and police may respond so it is really important that we monitor ourselves or our comrades for early warning signs that we are not doing well emotionally.
for the African American Community:
Mental Health Resources:
A Guide to Navigating a Mental Health Crisis
Iatse C.A.R.E.S – Coronavirus Active Response Engagement and Support
Iatse Member Beth Snyder Article about steps you can take to handle your own stress during the time of Covid-19
Backline – Resource connecting Music Industry Professionals and their families to mental health resources
Collection of resources in June 2020 – including information about recognizing and addressing trauma, some specifically for the LA community.
- LA County Mental Health Line 24/7 for crisis help or linkage to services: 1-800-854-7771
- LA Warmline for emotional support 10pm to 6am: 1-855-952-9276
The Actors Fund makes free counseling available to everyone in our industry. Not just actors.
One-on-one counseling, referrals to helpful resources, and support for issues around sexual harassment
New York City
212.221.7300, ext. 119
323.933.9244, ext. 455