TSDCA Response to Coronavirus COVID-19
This is a challenging time for all of us.
TSDCA’s Executive Board has been working continuously to create new initiatives that can support our members as well as the entire theatre-sound community. This page will be continuously updated to report new information on how TSDCA can serve you, as well as information on how to navigate life as a working artist during this crisis.
TSDCA initiatives include:
- Every current member will receive 3 free months of their membership on top of their current membership.
- Anyone joining TSDCA during this time will get three free months of membership added to their first year.
- Launched Facebook page: Student Sound Design Connection – this Facebook page is for members and non-members, and is designed to consolidate efforts to support students from across the country who have been displaced from in-person education. If you are interested in joining the page as a teacher or student, please email us at email@example.com. For more information, please click here.
- Weekly communication from the Executive Board via e-blast/newsletter.
- Weekly video-chat hangouts for Early Career Members (Thursday night) and All Members (Friday night).
Helpful Links and Resources:
– COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resources – https://covid19freelanceartistresource.wordpress.com/
– Unemployment Insurance/CARES Act – https://www.nelp.org/publication/unemployment-insurance-provisions-coronavirus-aid-relief-economic-security-cares-act/
– Financial Strategies for Freelance Artists – https://howlround.com/happenings/financial-strategies-freelance-artists-time-crisis-asl-captioned
– Government Support Infographic – https://www.iatse.net/sites/default/files/dpe_graphic.jpeg
– Links to each state’s unemployment office website(s) – https://www.careeronestop.org/LocalHelp/UnemploymentBenefits/find-unemployment-benefits.aspx
– F.A.Q. on Stimulus Checks, Unemployment and the Coronavirus Plan – https://www.nytimes.com/article/coronavirus-stimulus-package-questions-answers.html
– Your Money: A Hub for Help During the Coronavirus Crisis – https://www.nytimes.com/article/coronavirus-money-unemployment.html
– What You Need to Know About Unemployment Insurance – https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/your-money/unemployment-insurance-coronavirus.html
– Free Audio course list – Link at Live Design
– Free Mental Health Workshops at Backline.care – https://backline.care/come-together/
– Every Free Event Technology Training Class, Tutorial, And Workshop Being Offered During Covid-19 (Updating) –
Fourth Wall Jobs Resources Page For Artists – https://fourthwalljobs.com/covid-19-resources-for-artists/